According to Webster’s Dictionary the word diet is derived from the Greek word diaita, meaning way of life. So, to say you’re on a diet is false, for your diet is a way of life. It is the way you live. Changing the way you eat should not be a temporary or faddish fling. Making changes in your diet means making changes for life.
Let your healthy eating become your lifestyle. Fitness4Her is a permanent plan that you can live by without counting calories and depriving yourself. You will learn to eat when you are hungry. Make healthy choices every 3 hours and use portion control. This will become your way of life. Don’t think of yourself having a weight problem or an eating problem. Think of the world of food as a field that you can master. It’s not as difficult as you think. You can do this. Make up your mind first and the body will follow.
Make Healthy eating your lifestyle. Journaling is the best way to start until it becomes so familiar its second nature. I still like to journal daily, along with my positive affirmations. I find it to a source of motivation. No excuses when it’s written on paper. It really holds you accountable. It’s a must for the first 3 months of your new lifestyle.
The Fitness4Her Principles to a Healthy Lifestyle
- Eat often, but in small portions.
- Don’t skip meals.
- Don’t forget to eat lots of fiber with each meal.
- Eat your protein, but get from lean sources.
- Within reason eat fresh fruits and vegetables with each meal.
- Reduce intake of refined carbohydrates. The white stuff
- Reduce unhealthy saturated fat. No more fast or fried foods.
- Reduce salt
- Avoid alcohol
- Drink plenty of water.
Remember to always plan ahead to your next meal and try to keep a healthy snack on hand. This way you will be less likely to skip a meal or leave yourself open to calorie laden temptations. Prep your pantry. Diets are much more successful if you have all the things you need at your fingertips. The better the pantry, the better the result.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli