Most of us have experienced the thrill of starting something new. Whether it’s exercise or a new venture, the beginning of a new endeavor can be very stimulating and filled with excitement. But after the first 30 days of exercise, sometimes the interest begins to wane, and then over time, the exhilaration that you once felt turns to boredom. It’s hard to keep your interest in something once you become bored with it.
Staying motivated to exercise is important to a women’s fitness program. It takes an awful lot of brain-power and persuasion to continue exercising regularly. Although a woman can become “hooked” on fitness, her brain requires constant stimulation to keep her from becoming lax in her efforts. The more common an activity is to our bodies, the lazier the brain becomes and the less focus it gives to that activity.
When the brain loses interest, the body becomes lazier too. Before a woman realizes it, she’s just going through the motions without concentrating on the muscles being used. The less focus on the muscle, the less stress applied, which means less muscle building and lower fat burning benefits.
The solution to sustaining a successful exercise plan is to bring back the enthusiasm that you once possessed. All is not lost. You can enjoy your fitness program, like you did before. Although, it might sound impossible, there is a way to recapture the thrill for fitness.
1. Start a fitness journal. If you haven’t already taken this major step in your fitness program, do it now. Keeping an account of what you eat, drink and all of your activities can give you a clear picture of your goals and accomplishments. It’s a great way to challenge yourself and maintain the competitive enthusiasm that you had in the beginning.
2. Add circuit training or plyometrics to your workout routine. These exercises done very quickly following your regular sets can blast fat and help you drop pounds quickly. Add these to your normal workout routine a couple days a week, to see explosive results. Just seeing the difference these exercises will make to your figure is enough to renew your enthusiasm.
3. Hire a personal trainer. If you can afford to invest a few dollars in your fitness program, consider hiring a professional trainer to help renew your interest in fitness. Not only can a trainer give you new exercises to do, they can help you with your form, which is of major importance when it comes to reaping the benefits of each move. Also, having a trainer to report to can be a major motivator to staying true to a fitness program.
4. Take a break from the gym. If you get bored with going to the gym every day. Limit your exercise days to 3 days a week. On the alternate days, choose a fun activity like swimming, skating, jogging, biking or walking. If possible, go outside and enjoy yourself with one of these aerobic activities, but be sure to stay engaged in them for at least 30 minutes.
5. Fortify your fitness program with knowledge. Read and saturate your mind with informative articles and tips on women’s fitness and health. The more you know about how important physical activity is to the body, the harder it is to sit around idly and deny it.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli