Motivation, the word itself gives the impression of movement, yet one of the greatest areas in need of motivation is exercise itself. It seems so many other things are more important or just more fun. Many of us need a little motivation to keep us interested in exercising and make our workout a bit more fun.
So, whether you need help getting started, or need a little help staying motivated, I hope these tips will help you as much as they have helped me.
1. Write down all of the benefits of exercising. You know, like a healthy heart, stronger lungs, and increased flexibility. Be specific, the more you write, the more you will be convinced of the benefits. Write down all the reasons you want to be healthy, too.
2. Keep a daily journal. You would be surprised at how much inspirational motivation you can get from maintaining a journal. Write down everything you eat, drink and how much exercise you do. Write down any new exercises that you want to try. Write down how much time you spend on each activity.
3. Exercise first thing in the morning. If you go out for a 30-minute walk in the morning, then you have the rest of the day for your other responsibilities. Any additional activities or exercises you do later in the day will be an added bonus to your fitness program.
4. Find a friend to exercise with. It might be time to enlist a like-minded person to help you stay motivated. Between co-workers, neighbors, family or friends—there is sure to be somebody you know who would enjoy your company and make exercise more fun.
5. Train for a local 5k or even 3k run/walk in your community. Sign up for it and then commit yourself to training. See if you can get your exercise buddy to join you. These events build self-confidence and motivation. But be warned, these competitions can be addictive. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself signing up for the next run and talking your buddy into signing up, too.
You have probably got many tips that keep you motivated, just think about all the many reasons you want to get fit. Exercise is the key to strengthening your body, maintaining flexibility and enhancing your lifestyle.
Stay strong and stay motivated.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli