1. Find an exercise buddy. Having a friend to exercise with makes it so much more fun. It also keeps you accountable so you don’t miss any sessions. It’s nice to have someone to talk with and who will keep you motivated to reach for the next level.
2. Keep a fitness journal. A journal will let you record your workouts and everything you eat and drink. It is a proven fact that people who keep a journal for dieting and exercise lose far more weight than people who do not.
3. Listen to great music. There are plenty of downloads geared for a variety of workouts, so you never have to listen to the same old thing over and over. You can also stream music from several radio stations, if you prefer.
4. Buy cute workout clothes. Don’t just settle for working out in old shorts and a tee shirt. Go shopping for some new athletic gear. Shoes need to be replaced more often when you workout several days per week or do a lot of running and walking.
5. Buy Fitness magazines. It motivates me to read fitness magazines. I get energized when I read about other people striving for the same goals as me.
6. Hire a personal trainer. Even if you only use a trainer for a short while, you can learn some different exercises and maybe realize muscles you haven’t been training.
7. Enroll in an exercise class. These classes can be great fun and you will get in an hour of exercise that your body isn’t accustomed to doing.
8. Go swimming. Find a pool and go swimming. If you don’t have ready access to a pool you can check out an aquatics club or go to the local YMCA. Swimming feels so wonderful and the low-impact resistance is good for your body.
9. Look at pictures of yourself before you began working out. Note the changes that have taken place since you began dieting and exercising. Remind yourself that it has been your persistence that has taken you so far, don’t give up now!
10. Remind yourself how sad you feel when you don’t exercise. Anytime I have talked myself out of doing my workout, I have felt lousy later that day.
11. Remind yourself how great you feel after every workout. Endorphins kick in and give you that super high feeling. Exercise promotes circulation and oxygenates your blood to make you feel great after a workout.
12. Go shopping for a fitted dress that makes you look fabulous. If it fits just right, you won’t have room for weight fluctuations.
13. Read fitness blogs and true testimonies of athletes that have been posted online. These are very inspirational and keep me feeling motivated.
14. Set goals for yourself. Along with keeping a journal of everything you eat and drink. Write down the goals that you have for yourself. How much weight you want to lift, how many reps and sets you want to perform, how fast you want to run or walk and how long you want to exercise.
15. Say daily affirmations. Positive thinking brings about positive results. When you speak your affirmations aloud, you affirm the positive thoughts that you have been thinking about yourself.