I love this recipe because it is so versatile. Sometimes I like to add red bell pepper and even corn to the mix. It’s simple, fast, and all the ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store.
4 chicken breasts
1 can low sodium black beans
Favorite jar of low sodium or fresh salsa
1bag of clean spinach
1. Grill chicken.
2. Heat beans over medium heat.
3. Place a handful of spinach onto each plate. I serve spinach straight out of the bag.
4. Lay one piece of chicken on top of spinach. The heat of the chicken will wilt the spinach.
5. Spoon a tablespoon of beans, a tablespoon of salsa and a slice of avocado over the chicken.
6. If you like add a dollop of low fat sour cream.
8. Other options: use rice instead of spinach. Use wraps or tacos. Mix it up and make it fast and easy.
Black beans are an excellent source of fiber, protein, iron, Vitamin C and calcium. Low fat, low in cholesterol, low sodium content and low in sugar, black beans are always a nutritious treat. Chicken is a low fat choice of meat and a delicious way to get the protein your body needs every day.