After a long day or a vigorous workout, I love this abundant mix of veggies over pasta. The colors are amazing and will dress up any table. It’s great to have for lunch or dinner.
2 red peppers
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
2 cups zucchini
1/2 cup carrots
12 cherry tomatoes
1 large eggplant
2 Tbsp fresh basil
2 ounces, 2 Tbsp olive oil
Fat-free or low fat Feta cheese, crumbled
Whole wheat penne pasta, cooked according to directions
1. Coat large skillet with cooling spray and olive oil.
2. Saute onion and garlic until golden.
3. Add all cut-up vegetables.
4. Place over medium heat, 12 minutes or until tender.
5. Cook pasta.
6. Serve vegetables over pasta.
7. Add Feta cheese on top.
8. Can serve as a meal or side with chicken breast. Also good cold the next day.
Low in fat, low in cholesterol, low in sodium, low in sugar. This dish is full of antioxidants, vitamins and nutrients. High in fiber and easily digestible, this farmer’s feast is a great choice for a healthy and successful diet to live by.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli