This “Oh so nutritious!” breakfast will lower your cholesterol and give you the boost you need to get your day off to a good start. With all that you have to accomplish today, you need to begin with a healthy and delicious dish of hot oatmeal.
Add fruit or juice, but still go easy on the amount of sugar you consume. Every meal should include a protein. You can add lean meat, about an ounce or two ounces, or you can add nuts and low fat milk for added protein.
To sweeten it, add cinnamon or Stevia, a natural sweetener with no calories.
2 cups water
1 pinch salt
1 cup regular oats, not instant
1/3 cup oat bran
1. In a medium saucepan, bring the water and salt to a boil.
2. Stir in the oats and oat bran.
3. Once the mixture comes to a boil, reduce the heat to low.
4. Cook uncovered, stirring regularly for about 5 minutes.
Oats and oat bran are proven to lower cholesterol and stabilize blood sugar. Oats may also help to protect against colon cancer and heart disease. Oats are a good source of fiber which aids in weight loss. Fiber helps to promote regular bowel movements and allows sugar to be released and absorbed more slowly by the body.
Start a discussion by leaving a comment!
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli