When you are starting an exercise program you’ve got to get your head and your heart into it. That’s because if you aren’t convinced in your mind and committed in your heart, you’ll probably throw in the towel before you even start to sweat.
Trying to stay motivated is one of the major obstacles that women say they have when it comes to sticking to an exercise program. With such busy schedules, it’s easy to just pass it off in lieu of another duty. To help you stay motivated, here are some tips to make it easier to exercise.
1. Always keep a gym bag, packed and ready in your car. Clean workout clothes, shoes, a towel and an exercise mat tucked away in your gym bag will serve as a firm reminder to hit the gym.
2. Read literature about fitness and the benefits of exercise. Saturate your mind with information about a healthy lifestyle. The more you know the harder it is to deny the importance of regular exercise.
3. Browse fitness magazines and watch exercise programs on television. The visual stimulation will keep you focused on what you want to achieve.
4. Begin a fitness journal. Even if you haven’t started exercising, begin your journal and record your current weight and measurements. Write down your fitness goals and your plan for achieving them. Writing your goals is a powerful way to accomplish them.
5. Start each day with positive affirmations about fitness and healthy living. If you need some help with these, read my posts under the Affirmations category.
If you are just getting started with exercise and depending on your fitness level, you can start out slow and gradually work your way up. The most important thing is that you see this as a lifestyle and not just a temporary fix.
As important as exercise is to healthy living, your diet is equally if not more vital to your health. Eating foods rich in vitamins and low in sugar, sodium, saturated fat and cholesterol will help you to lose weight and maintain it.
For more tips, recipes and easy to follow exercises, join Fitness4Her and get all the tools you need to get fit for the rest of your life. You can become a member for free, just sign up now and join in on all the fun.