This is a great soup to come home to, especially after a long day at work or play. It’s a protein power punch that will help to energize you and give you the pick-up you need.
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
1 lb chicken breast, cut in cubes
Two 14 oz containers of low-sodium chicken broth
10 oz spinach
1 can 15 oz light red kidney beans, drained
1 can 15 oz cannellini beans, drained
1. Heat medium large pot.
2. Sauté onion with olive oil.
3. Add cut up chicken and cook ten minutes.
4. Stir in broth and bring to boil.
5. Add spinach and let simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Add all beans.
7. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Cool slightly and serve.
High in fiber and protein, low in fat, sodium and sugar. The beans are great because they help to satisfy your hunger without adding many calories. Remember beans, beans, good for the heart…if you are interested in women’s fitness, you’ll add them to your grocery cart.
We value your ideas. Please leave a comment below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli