Healthy oils are good for you, but who needs a meal that’s swimming in grease? Your whole family will appreciate this mouth watering meatloaf that goes well with Mashed Cauliflower and peas. Quick and really easy to prepare, this dish cooks up in about a half an hour.
2 tsp. of olive oil
1 1/2 lb lean ground sirloin
1 cup scallions, cut up
1 cup of low-sodium salsa
2 Tbsp. chili powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350˚
2. Spray baking dish with PAM or use non-stick pan.
3. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
4. Mix lightly with clean hands.
5. Blend well and shape into loaf.
6. Set in a non-stick or lightly greased loaf pan or baking dish.
7. Pat top with light amount of olive oil.
8. Bake 20 to 30 minutes.
We need protein at every meal to build and sustain not only our muscles but every living cell in our bodies. That’s why it’s important to choose lean proteins that don’t add a lot of fat to our diets.
The low sodium salsa, contains less sugar than catsup. You can make your own salsa, with diced tomatoes, red and green peppers and a little bit of hot sauce, or buy a jar of your favorite brand, low sodium, please! Sirloin beef is tasty and is a lot less greasy than other cuts of beef.
We value your opinion. Leave a comment below: