Let us not be weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
When we first begin a diet and exercise program we are on fire with enthusiasm and fully believe we will be successful this time. But many times 30 to 60 days into our program, we become weary from doing good…tired of making wise food choices, tired of exercising regularly. We begin to lose faith in ourselves and our hope of success tends to fade away.
No matter what your religious beliefs, the scripture above tells the truth. If we continue a good thing even when we become tired and discouraged and want to give up, in time we will reap the rewards of our hard work. Just as the farmer reaps a harvest for the crop that he sows and tends, so shall we reap the harvest of health.
Staying motivated is one of the most difficult parts of a fitness program. It’s going to take work to keep you focused on your goal. But it doesn’t have to be impossible. In fact keeping your motivation up can be lots of fun.
1. Get some good music to listen to while doing your work out.
2. Find an exercise buddy.
3. Buy a new pair of athletic shoes. Investments, large and small help to make us feel responsible to work out.
4. Get new exercise clothes—the better you look, the more likely you’ll want to go exercise.
5. Start a diet and fitness journal.
6. Start each day with affirmations—the scripture above will work for starters.
7. Take pictures of yourself regularly.
8. Surround yourself with healthy literature. Fitness magazines, health journals and success stories about other’s fitness goals will help keep you focused on your goal.
9. Treat yourself to a massage or manicure for every month you work out, or every week if you can afford it.
10. Join Fitness4Her and for support and friendly advice with updated articles and real life stories.
Fuel your motivational fire with whatever it takes to keep you on track. Try not to be impatient and don’t let feelings of discouragement keep you from success. You have worked hard to get where you are today–don’t give up.
Tell us and our readers about your dieting successes by leaving a comment.