When my husband and I were first married, we used to go to this little restaurant that served the best creamed peas. The boys were small so getting out for just a short while by ourselves was a real treat. I always ordered the turkey meatloaf which came with a side of creamed peas. I wanted the boys to like peas too, so I kept trying variations of this recipe until I found the version that fit my guys the best. I hope your family will enjoy it too. Serves 5.
Two 10oz. packages frozen peas with pearl onions
1/4 cup fat-free cream cheese
1 Tbs. milk (fat-free) your choice
Salt and pepper
1/8 teaspoon of garlic powder
1. Cook peas according to package, drain return peas to pan.
2. Stir in cream cheese, milk, salt and pepper and garlic powder cook over medium heat setting.
The green peas are full of antioxidants and low in sodium. Fat-free cream cheese will make this dish extra creamy without adding saturated fat. Onions too are high in antioxidants that fight cancer-causing free radicals that try to invade the body. Arm yourself with a healthy diet to boost your immune system.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli