My oldest son can never get enough of this chunky cheese spread. Serve it with pita chips, cause they’re low in fat and calories, yet have the strength to hold up under a heavy spread. But don’t let the weight scare you away, it’s made with fat-free and reduced fat cheese…so enjoy!
1 eight oz pkg. fat-free Philly cream cheese
1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
1/2 cup chopped mango chutney
1/2 cup chopped onion
3 Tbsp raisins
1 Tbsp ginger
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp curry powder
3 Tbsp chopped dry roasted cashews
1. Mix cheese, 2 Tbsp chutney, onion, raisins, ginger, garlic and curry powder until blended.
2. Refrigerate mixture for 2 hours so flavors will have a chance to blend.
3. Mound the mixture and place in the center of a lovely serving plate.
4. Spoon remaining chutney around spread.
5. Sprinkle with cashews.
6. Serve with pita chips or vegetables.
7. Makes 8 servings, 2 Tbsp per person.
Low in fat and calories, this cheese spread is a healthy alternative to store bought brands. The mango chutney adds flavor and fiber, so important to women’s fitness and health.
Have you prepared this recipe yet? Tell us what you think in the comment space below: