Great for a snack or lunch, this chicken sandwich is similar to one I had on vacation a few years ago. I can’t remember the restaurant, but I loved the taste of spinach and basil with the chicken. Since then, I’ve been serving to my family and friends and everyone seems to enjoy it.
For each sandwich:
Italian Flatbread (focaccia)
4 tbs. light mayo
2tbs. of shredded fresh basil
2 cups of prewashed spinach
2 cups deli style cooked rotisserie chicken
1 small jar of roasted sweet peppers drained and cut into small strips
1. Cut loaf in half spread mayo and basil on both halves of bread.
2. Layer spinach, chicken and peppers between bread cut into quarters.
High in protein and low in fat, coupled with iron-rich spinach, then layered with peppers to provide antioxidants and Beta Carotene, for a healthy sandwich that will make you strong and preserve your beauty.
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli