A great reason to say Ole! This tasty treat is good to eat, and you don’t have to go South of the Border to enjoy this butt-kicking burrito. Serve for lunch or during the week for dinner. It makes a great snack for the kids if you want to cut them into. Serves 4.
4 – 10 inch flour tortillas / whole wheat
1 package all white lean ground chicken
1-cup chopped onion
1- 15oz.can reduced-sodium black beans rinsed and drained
1- 10oz. can chopped tomatoes and green chiles un-drained
2- teaspoons chopped green onions
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap tortillas in foil to soften 10 min.
3. In a large skillet cook ground chicken and chopped onion until golden.
4. Drain off fat, stir in beans, un-drained tomatoes, green chiles and chili powder.
5. Bring to boil, simmer 5-min. then set aside 1/2 cup for topper.
6. For each burrito spoon remaining filling evenly onto each tortilla-roll-up.
7. Top each burritos with reserved filling.
8. Sprinkle green onion, serve with rice ( whole wheat optional).
9. Pinch of fat free cheese, fat free sour cream and my favorite fresh guacamole.
Chicken is high in protein and low in fat so it’s a good choice for a main dish. The black beans are a great source of fiber and antioxidants. Beans help to lower blood pressure and cholesterol. High in nutrients with the tomatoes, green chiles and chili powder. Serve with rice for a meal that will truly fill you up.