This kickin’ chicken is low in fat and sodium, while providing a great source of protein and iron. Vitamin rich and nutrient dense, it’s a healthy meal that is sure to please.
4 sweet potatoes cut in chunks
4 chicken skinless breasts boneless or on the bone
3 Tbsp. of Cajun seasoning
Lime wedges to serve
1 can low sodium sweet corn
1 cucumber diced
2 vine-ripe tomatoes, diced
1 handful of chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 ripened mango, diced
1. Preheat oven at 350º.
2. Spray roasting pan with Pam.
3. Sauté sweet potatoes with olive oil.
4. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
5. Cook till golden brown.
6. Season chicken in Cajun mix and coat evenly.
7. Cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
1. Sauté sweet potatoes with olive oil.
2. Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
3. Cook till golden brown.
1. Drain corn.
2. Add diced cucumber, tomatoes, mango, cilantro and lime juice.
3. Mix and season to taste.
Serve chicken with sweet potatoes, the salsa and garnish with lime wedges.
Health Benefits: This is a healthy choice that is low in fat, sodium and cholesterol. It’s high in protein, potassium and fiber and rich in vitamins and nutrients. Taste before adding any extra salt or other seasonings, as the Cajun mix contains sodium. The corn is naturally sweet and gives the salsa a great taste.
Try this recipe and tell us what you think in the comment space below: