Start the day with this healthy frittata and get the power you need to propel you through your work-out. It’s also great if you suffer from PMS or other monthly woes. Broccoli and eggs have been found to reduce symptoms such as crabbiness during that special time.
1 small onion
1/4 cup red bell pepper
6 egg whites
1/2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
1/2 cup broccoli florets, chopped
1 Roma tomato
1. Preheat broiler and move rack to 4 inches from burner.
2. Spray PAM lightly onto one side of an ovenproof skillet.
3. In a small bowl whisk egg and egg whites.
4. Add cheese, onion and broccoli.
5. Pour mixture into skillet.
6. Cook on stovetop for 3 to 4 minutes, should be partially set but still wiggly in the middle.
7. Place skillet in oven to finish, about 3 minutes.
8. Divide into two dishes, top with chopped tomato or tomato slices.
Broccoli contains one of the most easily absorbed forms of calcium, which means your body gets more for less. Eggs are one of the best sources for Vitamin D, which helps to curb cramping and discomfort during a woman’s menstrual cycle. This healthy breakfast or snack is low in saturated fat, low in cholesterol, low in sugar, low in sodium and of course, low in calories.