You know, foods that are pretty on the plate attract our appetite and seem to satisfy us quickly. This colorful dish is really beautiful. Serve on white dishes and red napkins for a color coordinating presentation that is sure to please all. Serves 6.
6 boneless chicken breasts
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
6 to 8 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
4 Tbsp sliced black olives
1 Tbsp dried rosemary leaves
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1. Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
2. Heat over medium high heat.
3. Add chicken and brown on all sides.
4. Transfer chicken to a holding platter and keep warm.
5. Sauté garlic in pan drippings.
6. Add wine and simmer until wine is reduced by half.
7. Add vinegar, tomatoes, olives, rosemary and oregano.
8. Return chicken to pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Let sit and marinate for 10 minutes.
10. Serve warm.
Chicken is an excellent source of protein that is low in calories, fat, cholesterol and sodium. This dish is ideal if you are concerned with women’s fitness and health. Olives are chock full of iron and vitamin E, both essential to women’s fitness and health. Olives, as well as tomatoes are a good choice for dietary fiber and both contain antioxidants that protect cells from the effects of free radicals.
Let us know what you think of this recipe by adding a comment below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli