Great as an appetizer or can be served as a complement to any meal.
2 cups Italian bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (fat-free)
1 small green onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 pkg. frozen spinach (thawed and drained)
1/4 cup vegetable stock, sodium free
2 Tbsp fat-free margarine, melted (Smart Balance is a good brand)
Salt and pepper to taste
2 egg whites, beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, onions, garlic and nutmeg into bowl.
3. Mix in spinach, stock, margarine, egg whites, salt and pepper.
4. Shape mixture into 24 balls.
5. Lightly rub each ball with a good olive oil before putting into oven.
6. Cook 10 to 15 minutes.
7. Can serve with mustard sauce or any condiment of your choice.
Low in fat, cholesterol, sodium and calories. Spinach is an excellent source of iron, necessary for a successful women’s fitness plan. You’ll need lots of energy for your workouts and spinach can give you the power to keep on going, don’t forget that’s where Popeye got his strength.
Do you have a spinach recipe? Please share it in the comment space below: