For a fast healthy dinner that’s better than fast food, try this take on delicious chili fries and burgers. Chili fries are great as a snack, or for entertaining. Serve ’em up with delicious and nutritious turkey burgers that you grill at home. Your kids and their friends are sure to love them.
4 medium baking potatoes, cut lengthwise into eights
1 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Lightly coat potatoes with olive oil
3. Sprinkle with chili powder, salt and pepper
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes
I buy the Jennie O brand of turkey patties. They are so easy. Just sprinkle with garlic on each side and grill the burgers over medium heat. Cook about 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
No buns, just eat with lettuce, tomato and onion.
The turkey burgers are an excellent source of protein, with little saturated fat. Low sodium, low cholesterol, no sugar. French fries don’t have to be bad, especially when they are baked in the oven. Potatoes are high in potassium and vitamin C. A good source of plant protein, without any fat.
Mmm! Doesn’t this recipe sound good? Tell us what you think by leaving a comment below:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli