This calls for the fancy plates and real napkins. Definitely five star quality. It even sounds exquisite. A lovely dinner for lovers. Don’t overcook the salmon and you won’t be disappointed.
4 salmon filets, 6 oz each, skinned
1/4 low sodium soy sauce
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp ginger
2 tsp rice vinegar
1/4 red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp apricot preserves
1 lb fresh asparagus, trimmed
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1. Place fish filet on lightly sprayed pan so it doesn’t stick.
2. Whisk together soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar and pepper flakes for marinade.
3. Score each filet and fill with marinade.
4. Cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
5. Add additional marinade after turning.
6. Flakes easily when done, don’t overcook.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray baking pan with Pam.
3. Toss asparagus with olive oil until coated.
4. Place in pan and cook for 10 minutes.
5. Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
An excellent source of protein, low in fat and sodium, salmon is a nutrient rich fish. A cold water fish that is recommended because of its high levels of omega 3 fatty acids and the fact that it provides a whole day’s worth of vitamin D! Asparagus is a potent antioxidant that is high in nutrients. A natural aphrodisiac, it has been claimed to increase the libido.
We value your opinion. Leave a comment in the space below: