Oh yummy! This is a naturally sweet way to dress ol’ Tom in all the brightest colors. Fortunately for you, the only parade he’ll be seeing is the one on your tabletop. Dig in and enjoy.
1 (3-lb) turkey breast
6 garlic cloves
1 Tbsp olive oil
Pinch salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp basil
20 to 25 dried apricot halves
1/2 cup cranberries
3 large carrots, cut in 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup broccoli florets
1 1/2 cup turkey broth (low sodium)
2 Tbsp white wine
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray, non-stick, shallow baking pan.
3. Make slits in turkey breast and inset garlic clove in each one.
4. Rub turkey breast down with olive oil. Rub ol’ Tom down good, girls!
5. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, rosemary, basil.
6. Place in prepared, shallow baking pan.
7. Add apricots, cranberries, carrots, broccoli.
8. Pour white wine over vegetables.
9. Cover and bake for 45 minutes, until meat is done, basting often throughout.
Low in fat and sodium, and provides over half of all the protein you need for the day. Surrounded by nutrient rich vegetables all afloat in anti-oxidants. Don’t wait for Thanksgiving, enjoy!
Please share your opinion of this recipe by leaving a comment below: