You can enjoy dessert and still control your weight. It’s important to reward yourself from time to time with a sweet treat. This low fat/low sugar recipe is sure to please everyone who is fortunate enough to get a taste of this delightful dish.
1 16 oz. can apples sliced and drained or cook apples down in 2 cups of water
1 pint of blueberries, boiled in 2 cups of water, 1 tsp sugar
1 Tbs. ginger
2 Tbs. brown sugar
1/2 cup crushed ginger snaps
1/2 cup rolled oats
Cool whip fat-free for a topper
1. Baking dish sprayed with Pam (baking or butter Pam).
2. Combine blueberries, apples and ginger.
3. In small bowl stir together gingersnaps, oats and brown sugar sprinkle over fruit
4. Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes serve hot
5. Cool-whip fat-free on top Yummy!
Low in fat and sugar, fruity desserts such as this one, make you feel less guilty when you fall to the temptation of its wonderful taste. High in antioxidants, vitamin and nutrient rich, this is one dessert you can enjoy and still stick to your diet.