This recipe is ever so yummy and delicious; it will be hard not to go for seconds. Portion control and preparation are the strongholds that keep this meal from becoming a diet buster. It tastes so good and what’s even better is it is good for you too.
(3) 6 oz. chicken breast
2-1/2 cups mushrooms
1-1/4 cups Marsala Wine
1/4 cup chopped green onions
1/2 tsp pepper
2-1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 Tbsp water
Whole wheat fettuccine, uncooked
2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook chicken in skillet and set aside.
2. Combine mushrooms, onion, Marsala Wine and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil.
4. Combine cornstarch, 1 Tbsp of water and stir well.
5. Add chicken and cook 2 minutes.
6. Cook pasta according to directions.
7. Place pasta in large bowl and add chicken mixture. Toss well.
8. Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese, optional.
Chicken is low fat, low in calories, low in cholesterol, low in sodium and low in sugar. It is an excellent source of protein, vitamins and nutrients. Mushrooms are a good source of zinc, which helps to shorten the duration of the common cold. The Marsala wine is an excellent antioxidant to help fight cancer causing free radicals.