Who says you can’t enjoy fine dining at home? Light some candles, and get out your good china, this meal deserves an elegant presentation. A great dish to serve when you want to impress your guests or divide the recipe in half for an intimate dinner for two.
8 lamb rib or loin chops
1/3 tbs. chopped shallots
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tbs. dried cranberries
1/2 teaspoon ginger
4 baking sweet potatoes
1. Clean sweet potatoes, bake 350 degrees until soft.
2. Trim chops, place on unheated rack of broiler pan.
3. Combine shallots and red pepper, set aside 2 tbs. for sauce.
4. Rub the remainder of the shallots and red pepper into the chops.
5. Broil chops 10 to 12 minutes until cooked through.
6. In small sauce pan combine 2 Tbs. of shallot, red pepper, brown sugar, vinegar, cranberries and ginger and bring to boil.
7. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
8. Serve chops with sauce, and sweet potato
An excellent source of protein, lamb is high in zinc, which is beneficial to the immune system. Zinc also helps to regulate the metabolism and stabilize blood sugar levels. Sweet potatoes are a great source of Beta Carotene, high in fiber and potassium.