This is a great treat anytime you have a crowd over. It’s easy to put together, but looks and tastes like it took hours! Makes 16 half cup servings.
Pita chips (store bought, any flavor)
1 cup dry-roasted almonds
1 cup chopped mixed fruit
1 cup dried pineapple chunks
1 tsp dried oregano leaves
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Mix pita chips, almonds and fruit on baking pan.
2. Spray mixture lightly with fat-free cooking spray.
3. Sprinkle with herbs and toss to coat.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Stir half way through cooking time.
6. Cool and eat!
7. Store remaining treat at room temperature.
Pita chips are low in calories and fat. Much healthier than potato chips, pita chips are every bit as tasty. Pineapples are high in Vitamin C and manganese as well as being beneficial to digestion. Those of you ladies who are serious about your health and fitness will want to include pineapples in your full line up fruits to choose from.
Isn’t this recipe fabulous? Start a discussion by leaving a comment below: