Do you find yourself craving sugary or fatty snacks or foods? Do you beat yourself up because you lack the willpower to abstain? Well, put the boxing gloves away and try these tips to keep you from caving in to those crazy cravings.
1. Don’t skip meals. Skipping meals causes serotonin levels to drop and makes it harder for you to resist foods that you crave.
2. Eat 2 snacks each day, plus 3 meals. By keeping your body nourished, you won’t succumb to impulsive cravings.
3. Plan your meals well in advance. This way you will always have something healthy to snack on, rather than just settling for a sugary or fatty treat.
4. Get plenty of rest. Try taking a nap instead of reaching for a sugary snack.
5. Take a 30-minute walk. This will take your mind off the craving and will boost endorphins to elevate your mood.
6. Put on some good music and drink a full glass of water. The music will help to reduce stress and the water will fill your tummy.
7. Flip through a magazine of swimwear or clothing that you plan on buying. Just the thought of not being able to fit into desirable clothes may be all you need to help your cravings pass.
8. Call a friend and have an enjoyable conversation, sometimes a little distraction is all that you need.
9. Carry an affirmation or even a photo of how you want to look. These will serve as reminders to you of your ultimate goal.
10. Take a moment to determine what you are really hungry for. Will that candy bar really satisfy your hunger or would some protein make you feel better?
Do you have any tips to keep from caving to your craving? Tell us about it in the comment space:
~ Karen Ficarelli
- One-on-One Fitness Phone Consultation with Karen Ficarelli
- Visit me on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/KarenFicarelli
- Follow F4H on Twitter - http://twitter.com/fitness4her
- Follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/karenficarelli